Healthcare Industry: Offering Fulfilling and Rewarding Careers
Graduates of an MBA program in health and social care achieve knowledge and insight into contemporary issues facing health and social care organizations, as well as skills in effective strategic management. An MBA in healthcare management teaches students about managing and operating healthcare facilities, including finances, human resources, legal aspects, and administration. In addition to providing students with a sophisticated understanding of business functions and healthcare policy, it will also teach them how to manage the constantly evolving needs of the healthcare sector.
By earning an MBA in healthcare management, you will have the skills and knowledge necessary to excel in one of the world's most prosperous industries. In addition to the handsome salaries, healthcare managers receive significant benefits, especially if the students possess an aptitude for the field and are willing to work hard. Students studying healthcare management will gain the hands-on experience and practical knowledge necessary for running health centres in real-time.
Job Opportunities that are directly related to an MBA in Health and Social Care
• Hospital Administrator - The hospital administrator is responsible for ensuring that hospital operations are running smoothly. Additionally, the hospital administrator is responsible for overseeing the financial aspects of the hospital. It may involve managing staff numbers ranging from a few hundred to a few thousand people.
Annual Salary Range: £161,375 to £441,631
• Pharmaceutical Project Manager - A pharmaceutical project manager is tasked with overseeing new products developed within their company and/or making improvements to existing products. From conception to completion, project managers assemble teams, assign tasks, and determine completion dates for each stage of the project.
Annual Salary Range: £48,000 to £87,000
• Policy Analyst or Researcher - The goal of policy analysts is to change, adjust, or implement new public policies, regulations, and laws. An analyst will identify possible areas in which an adjustment to regulation or existing law may be helpful to his/her employer and then devise strategies to achieve that improvement.
Annual Salary Range: £35,000 to £60,000
• Health Services Managers and Administrators - Whether they work for the entire hospital or just part of it, medical and health services managers oversee the health care services of a hospital. The responsibilities of a medical and health services manager may include clerical duties, such as accounting, drafting budgets and creating rate plans, as well as creating reports.
Annual Salary Range: £90,000 to £100,000
• Medical Entrepreneurship - Medical entrepreneurship helps to enhance the efficiency, quality, and performance of a nation's healthcare system while making money at the same time. The field of medical entrepreneurship encompasses nuances such as healthcare entrepreneurship, public health entrepreneurship, and digital health entrepreneurship.
Annual Salary Range: £44,000 to £85,000
Is healthcare management in demand in the UK?
There is a high demand for healthcare management in the UK, from private to public healthcare facilities, centres, consulting firms, insurance firms, hospitals, etc. Recruiters from public institutions and private healthcare companies in the UK employ a large number of graduates. Among the top names of the recruiters are the NHS, Global Data, and Greenwich Council, among others. Moreover, the UK healthcare sector is expected to grow by 20% by the end of 2026, ensuring that citizens receive high-quality healthcare services.