Get a foundation in the skills and knowledge and prepare for a high-flying career in an exciting and fast-paced industry. The course helps develop your awareness and knowledge of Tourism and key issues affecting the management of modern event organisations.
Standard Pathway: Age - 18 - 54
Qualification - Level 3 with 120 credits (UCAS 104)
Non standarad pathway : Age - 18 - 54
Qualification - Level 2
Modules under Course
• Academic development skills (30 credits)
• Leading and Managing Tourism and Events Organisations (30 credits)
• Legal Issues in Tourism and Events Organisations (30 credits)
• The Role of Marketing in Tourism and Events Management (30 credits)
• Environmental Issues in Hospitality and Events (30 credits)
• Exploring MICE: Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (30 credits)
• Tourism Trends and Practices (30 credits)
• Work-Based Learning (30 credits)
You could work for hotels, airlines, travel agencies, events organisers, heritage attractions, Local Authorities and other public sector bodies.have gone on to work in management roles in the industry including as Hotel Managers, Tourism Development Officers and Resort Office Managers.